First, let me explain what nail fungus is. Nail Fungus is an infection which occurs when fungi infect one or more of your nails. A nail fungal infection may initially appear as a white or yellow blemish under the tip of your fingernail or toenail. As the nail fungus moves deeper into your nail, it may cause your nail to turn brown or yellow, thicken and develop brittle edges an ugly and often times very painful problem. These infections generally develop on nails continually exposed to warm, moist environments, such as athletic or work shoes. They can even occur from damp shower floors.
1. Nails must be kept clean and dry. Nail fungus naturally occurs on your toenails. By keeping them clean and dry your prevent fungus from growing.
2. Don't wear shoes that are too tight. Your feet need to breathe. By keeping them enclosed in tight non breathable shoes you are just inviting fungus to begin growing. Avoid wearing all leather shoes with no ventilation for long periods of time.
3. Don't borrow or use anyone's nail cutter or other tools from family members. Remember that fungus is transferable.
4. Wear open toed shoes such as flip flops or sandals.
5. Change your socks as soon as you realize they are moist or damp. This is especially important if you play sports.
6. Prevent damage to your toenail while playing sports by wearing the correct size shoe and one that is breathable. This is especially true in sports such as soccer or tennis. Trauma to the toenail can be one of the reasons for the start of fungus growth. If one of your toenails gets injured it allows the bacteria to get in. Once it occurs in one toenail it spreads to other nails on the same foot.
7. Treat nail fungus as early as you can to keep it from spreading.
If you already have an established fungal outbreak, there are a few good over the counter products to get rid of the infection. There are also prescription medicines available. Nail Fungus can be treated in the traditional way, self treated, or it can be doctor prescribed. Some prescription medicines can cause side effects especially on those people who are suffering from liver diseases and can also cause allergies because of its high toxic contents. Awareness in preventing it can minimize its risk to preserve your healthy nail where to buy myco nuker .
It generally takes 3 months to be totally fungus free but results can be seen in as little as one week. In three months while your nails grow, the medicine applied topical prevents the fungi from growing. The healthy nail will then begin to grow back. Curing Nail fungus has its success rate at 60% to 80% percent and it is not assured that it will not occur again. As soon as you recognize the symptoms of nail fungus, you need to begin treating it.